Pro Street Dual Disc
Pro Street Dual Disc
RAM started with a clean sheet of paper in designing the Pro Street Dual Disc clutch system. The heart of this design is the billet aluminum cover, which is optimized for pedal effort and holding power to combine for our most driveable street dual disc system. The features listed below help the Pro Street Dual to surpass other clutch market designs, such as:
- Optimized pressure plate design – by manufacturing this cover in house, we are able to control the static pressure, release length, and lever position of the clutch and dial these in for the best possible driving experience, whether on the street or on the track.
- Shift it higher without worrying about getting locked out – you will never have to worry about stuck down pedals due to high RPM shifting. The Pro Street dual handles high RPM with ease!
- Optimized engagement length – If you have ever driven cars that feel like they have an on/off switch for a clutch pedal, you know how uncomfortable that can be. The Pro Street dual is easy to modulate and make a smooth engagement/takeoff.
- Size – the larger the diameter the more the holding power the clutch system will have. The 10.5 pressure plate has 2400 pounds of clamp pressure, where competitor’s 9.5 assemblies typically have 1800 pounds of clamping force. The larger clutch diameter will also further enhance heat dissipation over the smaller units. Stock pedal effort is maintained with the Pro Street Dual Disc.
- Precision machined billet flywheel provides a stable mounting platform. Each unit is set up on the flywheel before shipping to insure proper release once the clutch is installed. A specification card is provided with each unit to aid you in setting up the clutch properly in the car.
- Precision balance on the flywheel insures proper balance and vibration free driving. Match balancing available by special order.
- Strap driven floater plate system assures quiet, no-rattle operation.
- Utilization of a sprung hub top disc to ease stress on the driveline during initial engagement. Dual solid hub designs are aggressive and more susceptible to gear noise in the transmission.
- The Pro Street Dual disc is available for most any engine platform and in most cases, are a direct bolt in replacement for the factory clutch.
- Pro Street Dual disc is available in single, double, or triple disc versions.
- Available with 300 Series organic friction material for a super-smooth engagement on the street and holding power up to 750 HP. A 900 Series metallic version is available for extreme duty/competition and is capable of holding in excess of 1000 horsepower. Like any clutch system, the horsepower capacity is dependent on the load factors we outline below.
As with any dual disc clutch, it’s important to make sure the Pro Street dual will properly fit within the constraints of your engine/transmission combination before installing. Our detailed instruction sheet guides you through this process to avoid any surprises BEFORE you complete the installation.
What load factors should you consider in choosing between the 300 series organic or 900 series metallic friction materials? Take into account all of the standard factors that will load the clutch system harder that you would for any clutch system selection:
- Race or street use – in a nutshell – if you race it, use 900 series metallic for the best service life.
- Low gear/rear end gearing – higher gearing (lower numerically) will load the system harder.
- Tire selection – are the tires larger or sticky or more likely to spin?
- Weight of the vehicle – the heavier the car, the more load the clutch will see. If it weighs over 4000 pounds, use 900 series.
Want to review the instruction manual before you purchase? Follow this link to view the complete package.
Check out the videos on this page if you are interested in seeing other RAM dual disc models, and how to set up your RAM dual disc using factory hydraulics.