Force 9.5 Dual Disc
Force 9.5 Dual Disc
The Force 9.5 dual disc system may be the ideal entry level dual disc for your application. The Force 9.5 features an integral steel or aluminum flywheel, properly balanced for your engine out of the box, as the basis for the clutch system. We then add the features listed below to surpass other clutch market designs, such as:
- 9.5 diameter is great for medium power applications, or road race/autocross. The Concept 9.5 will work nicely to retain more stock-like driveability in applications that might require an aggressive single disc unit. Because the 9.5 unit is fairly light weight, it is well suited to applications where rotating weight are a consideration such as road race or autocross. 900 series friction material is suggested for these higher heat applications.
- Precision machined billet flywheel provides a stable mounting platform. Each unit is set up on the flywheel before shipping to insure proper release once the clutch is installed. A specification card is provided with each unit to aid you in setting up the clutch properly in the car.
- Precision balance on the flywheel insures proper balance and vibration free driving. Match balancing available by special order.
- Strap driven floater plate system assures quiet, no-rattle operation.
- Utilization of a sprung hub top disc to ease stress on the driveline during initial engagement. Dual solid hub designs are aggressive and more susceptible to gear noise in the transmission.
- The Force 10.5 is available for most any engine platform and in most cases, are a direct bolt in replacement for the factory clutch.
- Available with 300 Series organic friction material for a super-smooth engagement on the street and holding power up to 750 HP. A 900 Series metallic version is available for extreme duty/competition and is capable of holding in excess of 1000 horsepower. Like any clutch system, the horsepower capacity is dependent on the load factors we outline below.
As with any dual disc clutch, it’s important to make sure the Force 9.5 will properly fit within the constraints of your engine/transmission combination before installing. Our detailed instruction sheet guides you through this process to avoid any surprises BEFORE you complete the installation.
What load factors should you consider in choosing between the 300 series organic or 900 series metallic friction materials? Take into account all of the standard factors that will load the clutch system harder that you would for any clutch system selection:
- Race or street use – in a nutshell – if you race it, use 900 series metallic for the best service life.
- Low gear/rear end gearing – higher gearing (lower numerically) will load the system harder.
- Tire selection – are the tires larger or sticky or more likely to spin?
- Weight of the vehicle – the heavier the car, the more load the clutch will see. If it weighs over 4000 pounds, use 900 series.
Want to review the instruction manual before you purchase? Follow this link to view the complete package.
Check out the videos on this page if you are interested in seeing other RAM dual disc models, and how to set up your RAM dual disc using factory hydraulics.